Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday...How did I make it through the week!

I can't believe that I have actually made it to Friday. It is 8:30am and I am on my morning prep. I am technically suppose to be working right now, but I cannot concentrate (the morning caffeine hasn't kicked in yet). So until then, I will try to get my feelings out that seem to be rolling inside of me.

I had a really strange dream last night that still has left an odd lingering feeling in me. I haven't been sleeping enough, and when I do these dreams decide to disturb me.

I am loosing motivation. I am started to slow down and staying up into the wee hours to finish lesson plans just doesn't have the same urgency or importance. I don't know what I am going to have to do, but I am only in week 7 out of 36. I am going to have to find something new to keep me going.

All of the other teachers around me are drowning in their jobs. I can't say that I am in much better shape, but I would say that I am treading water with my head occasionally bobbing for air. It is so so so hard to hear other people and their problems, and how I cannot help them because I have my own problems to deal with. It is such a weight on me that makes this job even more challenging.

I better get going because my prep is almost over, but I thought I'd get some thoughts out before I start this gloomy Friday morning. Things are rough, but the glimmers of hope are definitely there (however dim they may seem now).

Ms. Quane

1 comment:

  1. where did you watch boy meets world!?!? i have a yearning to watch it!!

    ReplyDelete