Monday, August 10, 2009

I have a classroom!

Long day. Exhausted. I will keep it short.

Today was the first day of our "teacher development." AKA lots of meetings and an attempt at team bonding. Over all it was really good finally getting some much needed information (like what subject I am teaching) and meeting all of the other teachers.

a) I have a classroom that is randomly named the "UCLA" room (all of the classrooms are named after colleges, i.e. Penn, Harvard). Go bruins!
b) The other teachers are young and really helpful.
c) Our schools has so much potential for good. But even though it is a charter and has good intentions, it is going to be a bumpy ride.
d) Today is the last day I wear heals to school.
e) I am teaching 9th grade and 11th grade. I have only read one of the books that I will be teaching. This is going to be a long year.

I am currently stealing internet from the hotel down the street. Thus is life as a poor inner city teacher.

<3 Ms. Quane

No comments:

Post a Comment